Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

The first two days

So I have a quick moment to update this... I've been hectic! That's actually an understatement!

So Friday morning, we got up super early at 5.45am in order to get Panera for breakfast before Nick dropped me off at the hotel at 7am and he went to work at EPCOT. I went to my room finally and met my roommate who is American, her name is Sharon and she used to work attractions and entertainment at Disneyland in Anaheim which is pretty awesome. I think they paired us together because we are both rehires with the company... Nobody else is. We then headed to the lobby to meet the other DCL new hires in our start date... There is 15 of us, ranging from stage crew to operations to servers to entertainment. People from Jamaica, India, South Africa, one American and four UKs which was a pleasant surprise. We met the DCL facilitator people and they took us by DCL bus (never been on one before so that was fun!) to Celebration. Literally spent an hour of checking our paperwork and getting our IDs before we were done. Back to the hotel, quick change and then 8 of us got the bus to Magic Kingdom!!!

I was super excited because 6 of the group had never been before and I LOVE taking newbies to MK. We got there and their reaction to the castle was priceless :-) MK was packed and full of tour groups... But it didn't matter because I was at Magic Kingdom! We went and did Haunted Mansion after the obligatory million photos of the castle. Then we got fast passes for Thunder Mountain (it's been a long time since I've had to explain that concept!) and got lunch at Pecos Bills. We did Pirates and then Big Thunder. Then I left the group to go and meet Nick as we had previously made plans but I was a bit sad to leave my new friends! 

So it was disgustingly humid with a heat index of around 102F and so we skipped on going to a park and instead went to see a horror movie at Downtown Disney called The Conjouring. It was good, very jumpy. Then we got a car wash, went to Walgreens for me and then over to the Grand Floridian for dinner at Citricos. It was so yummy - we shared a cheese plate, then I had a chicken dish with a each glaze and then the BEST dessert I've ever had in my life... A lemon cheesecake with white chocolate ganache. Oh my goodness. 

It had started to rain then so we were originally going to go to Magic Kingdom and see Wishes but we were both tired and the weather was gross, so we headed home and I crashed out at 10pm as I'd only had about 3 hours sleep in 46 hours! 

So today, Nick dropped me off at 8am. It wasn't that I didn't want to stay at the all stars it's just that I had more space at Nicks house and I love hanging out with him and his roommate. Anyway, we got the bus to Traditions at Disney University (DU). It was great even though it was my 4th time at Traditions! I won't spoil what we did for anyone who is yet to do it... But it's a great (and long) day. Afterwards, I met my old friend Katie from 2010 who also was at DU today and we got the bus to MK to get the monorail to EPCOT. Ironically I met a girl, Emma, on the bus who I talked to over Facebook are she read my last blog so it was an awesome moment!! 

We got to EPCOT and I went to the R&C to see the few people still left there. Sadly my ex-manager had already left so I didn't get to see him but I dropped off some chocolate and Percy Pigs there which went down well. It started raining again but we walked to China and had Orange Chicken before going to do Test Track as single riders and go to MouseGear so I could buy some magnets for my cabin. 

Then it was time for me to come back to the hotel. We were going to stay for fireworks but I had so much to do and it was raining. 

So tomorrow is time to board the ship!! Wake up call at 4am so it's time to get to bed... 

No comments:

Post a Comment