Pages

Tuesday 30 July 2013

First week: done!

So after PST, we had an island tour of CC... Beautiful!! Disney really have put so much effort into that place. There's an amazing huge family beach even with all 4000 guests there it didn't feel crowded at all. There's loads to do - you can rent jet skis, go parasailing, feed stingrays, snorkelling, biking.... There's even a 5k running route (maybe not for July and August!) There's two big eating places, four bars and an adult only beach called Serenity Bay. Next to the adult beach is the crew beach which looked amazing too. We get a mini BBQ area at the crew beach which is cool too and there's volleyball courts. 

We spent lunch there and then a few of us headed back to the ship because we felt gross having been in and out of the sea etc. So I came back and washed my hair before doing a few bits of laundry because I had a soaking wet towel and swimming costume in my possession. After a while, it was time to go to work. I got my own section to keep tidy and stuff which was good... Highlights of it included pens, hats AND plush! Anyone who has worked in Disney merch will know how great that is!

It was the final night of the cruise so we were open until 11.30pm so it was quite a late night. So, generally once you finish work for the night people head to the crew bar or the 'library' after work to unwind. So Nick and I (henceforth known as New Nick seen as this is going to get confusing...) went to the crew library but as it was the night before PC, it closed early so we just chilled for a while before heading to bed.

Sunday was PC. We had to do stock at 7.30am which I just cracked on with and thankfully we got it all done by 10.30am. After changing and waiting for New Nick to get let into his cabin after he got locked out we finally left the ship! There are always lots of taxis waiting for the crew members so we got one of those and headed to the glamorous Merritt Island Mall. It's a shade above the Prime Outlets on International Drive.... So take glamorous as GHETTO.

Anyway, we got Ruby Tuesdays for lunch which was good and then wondered around a bit with Jamie one of the merch managers. I got some stuff at Bath and Body Works and then we headed back to the ship. I spent half an hour or so using the free wifi outside the DCL Terminal building and then we were running out of time as Nick had to be back for guest drill. So we went back and I chilled out for a while before a few of us headed to the mess for a snack before work.

Work was good, reasonably busy so that was nice. Sunday marked my week-iversary so that was pretty cool!! To celebrate, Nick and I went to the crew library and had a couple of drinks before being joined by my roomie Chey and my manager Dave and then Kristy the crew activities manager who is awesome. We ended up staying there til about 2.15am somehow so then it was definitely time for sleep!

Monday was Nassau... We had to do counts first thing which is basically an audit of how many items of a certain product we have compared to what we should have. We started at 9am and didn't get done til 1pm which was a bit of a slog. It's a reasonably easy job but just slow. I was tired so getting easily frustrated with people and annoying things they were doing so I was glad to get out of there. We got changed and then headed (along with most crew that aren't working...) to Nassau McDonalds for free wifi. This must be one of the only McDonalds that doesn't take credit cards... Crazy! I managed to watch 10 minutes of the Casualty season finale but I kept getting interrupted by people FB chatting me so I did that over watching YouTube... I will catch it another day. Chey left to go and get sleep so Nick and I went to Starbucks and then headed back to the ship. 

Work was fine. As it was a new week, we had switched zones so now I am in the pirate section... That will be fun for pirate night today! It was a pretty low key day and after work we hung out in the corridor for a bit like cool kids and then I crashed out for much needed sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment