Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Paperwork!

Okay, so I promised I'd do a longer post about paperwork if anyone is intrigued to know what I have to do now. So, I got the initial email on Friday at 5pm offering me the place on the Disney Dream (DD) and I replied back saying yes obviously... I actually then received a phone call at 7pm from Marc at the Agency giving me the same information and he told me to expect emails from Disney that night or Monday.

So, on Saturday afternoon I got an email from DCL saying welcome and with a few attachments plus instructions to fill out my paperwork, scan it and send it back ASAP. I wanted to wait until Monday though so that I had all details plus I hadn't got my flight information yet. My flight and hotel information came through on Monday evening and then I just got a reminder email from the Agency today to tell me to send my paperwork through. I still haven't scanned and emailed it though because I'm going to make sure I've done everything tonight and then email it tomorrow afternoon when I have time after work. I signed up for extra hours this week because I was going so crazy not hearing anything from the Agency - oh, the irony! Now I don't have enough time to spare!

So... I feel like I've signed a thousand pieces of paper... My contract, Crew Member Dependent Form, Internet Use Statement, Confidentiality Agreement, Ideas and Suggestions Agreement, Citizenship Statement, Medical Records Release, UK Tax Declaration Form, Incentives Plan Acknowledgment, Personnel Status Sheet, Contract Appendix A and Contract Appendix B... phew!

Now I just have to scan them all in and send them back to America. That's preferable at least to faxing them which is my other option. Then, as I said before, my flight details were sent through and that's going to be a joy of a day! I get to see a new airport I haven't seen before in Amsterdam Schiphol Airport as well as the new Atlanta terminal... now I sound like a flying nerd.... I prefer the term seasoned traveller ;-)

I will be staying at the oh-so-glamorous All-Star Sports Resort once I finally get to Orlando from the Thursday night until Sunday morning. I get an allowance for food from Disney which is pretty cool... it's the equivalent to about three quick-service meals per day - not bad! I have a basic schedule for those few days - a lot of early mornings basically! On the Friday I have to report for paperwork stuff (I know... yet more?) at 7.30am and then Saturday is DCL Traditions at Disney University which is definitely worth the early morning because I love it. Then Sunday we have to get the bus to the port at 5am - eek!

I'm very lucky because I already know a couple of people on the ship as well as obviously knowing people in Orlando so I am not particularly scared of the process, just getting very excited. I have already made dining reservations with my best friend Nick at the Grand Floridian for the Friday evening and we have plans to go and see Wishes so hopefully that works out... I'm hoping to squeeze in popping by the Rose & Crown at EPCOT to see my old managers and the few people that I know who still work there... plus hopefully see Illuminations. Plus one of my old friends from my ICP in 2010 also starts a year program around the same time at WDW so I'll be meeting up with her too to catch up.

16 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment