Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

One week to go!

Isn't it crazy how fast time goes when you've got a start date? Haha! So the last week and a half has mainly been work I have to admit... And not much DCL preparation. Of course prior to getting my date I was so fed up I told my manager I could work whatever extra hours she needed and THEN I got my date so thus I haven't had much time for anything else. Plus the weather got HOT finally (we've had over a week of sunshine now... Unheard of in the UK I swear) so working has been somewhat uncomfortable and also it's been really quiet and therefore boring. Anyway, today is finally my last shift! Yay! 

The plan from here is to get around and see family & friends, have my hair cut, tidy up... Oh, and pack. I did trek up to London on my one day off to see my friends Dan and Andrew from the CRP which was a lovely day mostly spent relaxing in the sunshine in the park and having a yummy lunch. 

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a lie in and then I have to crack on with packing really... Annoyingly with the weather so hot I'm going to have to resort to wearing some of the clothes I want to take... Grrr! I had the dental check up last week (that turned into having a filling and then discomfort all weekend so having to go back on Tuesday but all sorted now) and apparently we get dental treatment for free whilst we're on the ship so hopefully it will be fine but at least I know it's there.

Well I shall update again when I've made an attempt at packing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment