Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Arrrrr me hearties!

Well actually the store ended up being pretty quiet last night for pirate night. Apparently it always is for the 4 night cruise. In the daytime, I did my first Castaway Cay in the stores. This started off good because I got a lie in! Well... Until about 9. Then I had to get up and tidy my room for cabin inspection. It's just as well I put in extra effort because it transpired it was the Captain doing it this week!! Several of us were hanging out in the corridor when he came round so we waited with baited breath but we all passed :-) they're strict about it... Everything has to be clean, beds made, no perishable food at ALL, desk clear, floor clear, bathroom clean, everything put away....

After that we had to get ready for CC. I was on the second shift which starts at 12. So you either do 8am-12 or 12-4.30pm and then you start the evening shift on the ship at either 5.30 or 6.30pm depending which CC shift you do. So, Nick was on the late shift too and he showed me where we clock in and stuff and where to eat. We get to have the BBQ food that the guests do but it's in a backstage area. We joined some other merchies to get food... It was very hot. Then we were almost late so I had to run across half of CC with the other girl starting at 12 to get to the smaller shop which is further away from the food area... This was annoying because its not good to start the shift hot and sweaty! Bad enough as it is! There are two shops we work at at CC, I was in the smaller one which the name I forget... It was a good starting point. It was nerve wracking to be in a new location which I knew nothing about with guests asking me all sorts of questions about the island. The other two girls who were there too were a little unhelpful considering its my first shift on the island but Jamie one of the managers, he came to help me for a couple of hours.

So... The things I learnt from CC yesterday were: 1) it's hot, 2) don't wear much make up because it comes off and 3) it's hot. 

Once we were done, we all trudged back to the ship to clock out. Then we had about an hour and a half to chill out which is what we did before showering, changing and then going to work as normal! We finished at about 11.30pm so it was a loonnnngg day.

Followed by today which is another one! Today is my first sea day in the store so it's a 13 hour shift basically but you get two one-hour breaks of which I'm on my first one. I'm writing this and watching twilight from the other day haha. We have already had a couple of interesting things today... It started with breakfast at enchanted garden! It's a guest restaurant but they put on breakfast for the whole crew today as a thank you for good guest feedback which was super nice. We got real butter with toast not the horrible margarine crap they give you in crew mess! That was exciting! I also had a waffle, hash brown, chocolate milk and banana :-) 

Also, we had a quick detour to Freeport today because they had an emergency medical disembarkation so that was fun. We had to close the stores as they're not allowed to be open in port so I got some extra time to put the pins together for the officer pin trading event that I'm doing tonight. 

Everything is good in the hood and I feel like I'm settling in now! I even got to take off the earning my ears tab from my nametag today!

No comments:

Post a Comment