Pages

Friday 6 September 2013

Feeling hot hot hot

Wow, it's taken me ages to get round to writing again because I seem to never have enough time to sit down and write. Since I last wrote, it's been pretty much same old same old. The food in the mess seems to have got slightly better as we had jacket potatoes the other day as well as shepherds pie (not that I am a fan) and sometimes we get a smoothie bar! Sara is still my roommate even though she was supposed to move last Sunday, they decided to keep her here for another week or whatever until she moves to an entertainment cabin. We are housed by department so all the merchandise people live in the same corridor etc. We aren't supposed to have other people sharing our cabins but obviously they need the space so people end up with temporary roommates from other departments. 

Anyway, crew bingo was super fun although it was speedy and rather stressful! There were several jackpots but the biggest one was $5000!!! One guy from the dining room won it but I was only three numbers away and so it was nervewracking! Counts went well last week and we were out at 11.30am but then went badly this week and we escaped coming in tomorrow morning to do recounts by the skin of our teeth. 

I've been in the tower for all my shifts and moving into mickeys mainsail if there's time left after I have closed the store and done restock. I'm accompanied by a fairy godmother in training at the moment or pirate masters on pirate night but soon the fairy godmother will be moving back to princess room so I will be alone. Having said that, I've been in the tower almost 3 weeks now and it's supposed to be a rotation so we shall see. The tower is really not that bad actually... Pros are that you get decent time to actually chat to the guests and you can get repeat guests really easily (more on that later) plus its reasonably easy work and I spend half my time being an information desk on where things are and at what time. Also I have window so I can watch out of that and see the weather all day. Cons include it being lonely when there are no guests like during the dinner times and show times plus finding time to restock because I have to be let in by a manager every time I leave and want to go back in later. Plus you feel the ship move a lot more when it's rocky up on deck 11. I invested in some sea bands which are AMAZING and completely stop sea sickness for me as well as the disorientation feeling. I only wear them on the first night of the cruise and sometimes the last night. 

Hmmm what else... I saw a friend from the rose and crown on the last cruise and that was awesome to chat and get the gossip. I meet loads of people who work at WDW so that's cool to chat about and we often have mutual friends (the 7 steps of Disney...). Tyler arrives in just over a week so I am super excited about that!!!

Last weekend was Nick's birthday and so we went to TGI Fridays with Clare and Gemma which was fun. I gave him his presents and he really liked them :-) its hard to know what to buy someone you haven't known that long and also whilst living on a ship so you have to be imaginative or they'd just end up with Disney merchandise! 

Other than that, off the ship time has been pretty standard. Saw Florida Nick last week as well and we went to Olive Garden with Eric his roommate which was a lot of fun... I miss them both. Hopefully I will see them again soon and I am hoping to spend a few days with them at the end of my contract. 

The weather has been extreme recently. The last 3 Nassau days have had rain (some very torrential) and the last Castaway Cay day was so ridiculously hot I hated every second of it. I am hoping it will start to cool off a bit soon now we are into September. 

Well that's all I can think of right now! I will promise to blog again soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was just wondering, did you do the ICP 2 years in a row? Because you mentioned on your Vlog something about last year, etc.?

    ReplyDelete