Pages

Monday 30 September 2013

Can I see your pins??

Well I passed cabin inspection! After all my efforts they spent all of 10 seconds looking so that was lucky. I have another new roommate.... Sadly, Sara had to move to an entertainment cabin which is her department and was only supposed to be my roommate for 2 weeks but ended up being in here for 6 weeks! Now I have Sabrina who is Mexican and in merchandise. I vaguely remember her leaving after my first week. I don't know how long I will share with her though because I think she's putting in a request to move in with one of her friends. The rest of last week was pretty normal, I met some nice guests and it was pretty busy.

Yesterday was the beginning of our DVC cruise. This is a cruise that is ONLY Disney vacation club members so they mostly super Disney fans and a lot of them are gold (6 cruises) or platinum (10 cruises or more) but its been great so far because they're really chatty and friendly. It's a chartered cruise so we can't use any guest areas on this cruise but it doesn't really matter for 4 days... And we went to castaway today rather than Nassau... So we have canaveral, castaway, sea day, castaway and then back. Also, a big plus is that there is only 300 children on this cruise!!! I love kids but its nice to have peace and tidiness for a cruise hahaha! But my goodness have I pin traded a lot already. I ended up actually taking off my lanyard and just lying it down next to my till because I was sick of taking it on and off constantly. Some super hard core pin traders around on this cruise! 

Also we got an end of year appreciation dinner last night after work just for merchandise which was really nice. We had food from the royal palace menu which was a nice change. Our managers gave us a copy of the group photo we had taken a couple of weeks ago and a frame to put it in as well as candy and a Swarovski pen which was so nice and kind of them! I really do feel appreciated in merchandise on DCL I have to say. You feel much less of a number than at Walt Disney World (even though that was the most amazing days of my life obviously...). 

Change is a-foot again soon but I can't reveal what yet.... In other news though I have been here over two months now and only have a couple of weeks before my half way point! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment