Pages

Friday 20 September 2013

My day off!

...Well, as near as I can get to one! Today has been an awesome day. I was welcome line which was pretty uneventful, just a lot of clapping and Spanglish really. When I first got to the atrium, there was loads of people around and I realised they were filming a DCL commercial so that was fun to watch for a while. It meant the guests were a little bit later than normal so it was full flow when they let them on and constant clapping! Once we got done, I went to guest drill which was sweaty. Didn't get interrogated by an officer this time (I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I got the Spanish inquisiton last time and hardly knew any answers) so that was good. Had a shower then went to costuming to return my welcome line stuff before FINALLY posting some postcards to my family at crew office. I have a few more people I need to send one to so I will get around to it at some point. 

Then I went to the gangway and managed to get TWO parcels! One was from mum and it was a packet of haribo tangfastics which was good... It was a tester package before my birthday one. Then I also got a gift from a good friend back home called Dan who I was at Disney with, he now works at Harrods so I got a Harrods box with two bears in it - a beefeater and a policeman! I love them and they have definitely British-ified my cabin!

So after changing, nick knocks on my door and he gives me a giant box with a Union Jack on it full of birthday presents?! My birthday is in a month today so yup... One for each day! Yay! :-) so far I got an aero orange and a packet of stickers because I'm always using them for magical moment certificates. I'm lucky :-) 

After a bit of a rush to find out if we had permission, myself and Lorraine who I was on welcome line with got to Animator's Palate for dinner and it was YUMMY. The inside of the restaurant is so cool and there are giant screens where the Nemo characters pop up from time to time. Crush the turtle came and spoke to me!!! They can see and hear you so they interact with you. I had butternut squash soup and this super good garlic focaccia bread. Then I had a chicken meal which was good to have some protein in my life but next time I will probably have the pasta. For dessert I had a white chocolate brownie cheesecake which was good too. One of the highlights of the meal for me was having proper butter!! 

After dinner on my way back I ran into Kristy the CAM (crew activities manager) and she was making masks for the masquerade ball that is tomorrow night so I sat with her and made a mask which hopefully will dry by tomorrow! I hope I make it to the ball and everyone goes because it should be fun. I'm chilling in my cabin now until I go and see the golden mickeys in about half an hour.

On another note, the ship has been crazy rocky last night and tonight. I wear my sea bands but everyone looked drunk last night because we couldn't walk in a straight line and I kept losing my balance. It's very disorienting! I don't know if it's because of the usual gulf currents we feel on our way to and from Florida or whether its coming from the hurricane in the mid atlantic maybe? Either way, it's a strange feeling to be sitting on your bed and slowly swaying hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment