Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

This and that

Well it's another sea day so time for another blog post. My hour long breaks on the sea day are one of the rare occasions I get to have time to myself without being (totally) exhausted. That's one of the hardest things about working here... Being constantly tired. No matter how much sleep you get, it never feels like enough. What's worrying is I have only been here 7 weeks and I feel like that, God knows what it will be like when I have been here 5 months! Plus lack of sleep makes you misjudge things, get paranoid and generally can make you very grumpy. My dentist will not be pleased to know I have started glugging Diet Coke again (after giving it up for more than 6 months) because I need the caffeine! 

Ship life is same old same old. It rained for most of Castaway Cay yesterday which was sucky for the guests but good for me because it meant I was busy all day and it wasn't roasting hot. We have a new manager who is really nice and she's making a few changes to get the team more efficient. This is mostly a good thing although I feel like my chance to have the same night off with Nick one day so we can go to Palo is rapidly diminishing. Only because of practicalities to do with staffing and stuff, it's not a personal thing. Still, this is a prime example of something that seems very trivial and stupid but when you're tired and living here it makes you more upset than necessary. Still, fingers crossed, maybe it will work out one day.

I'm moving back to Mickeys Mainsail on Sunday as the new rotation is coming in where we move to a different zone of the store every 2 weeks and the tower is included in that. On the up side it means I will be able to do officer pin trading again which I really enjoyed. I should explain that on the Dream there are 4 major merchandise locations; Mickeys Mainsail, Sea Treasures, White Caps and Whozits & Whatzits. You mostly stay in one location for your contract but sometimes they move you around hence my ending up in W&W (the tower). We have the glow table and Quacks which are pop up locations on Deck 11 during pirate night and sea day as well but they just pull someone out of a store for it. Plus the fairy godmother in training or the pirate masters for our makeovers as well. 

Tyler arrives in a few days! It will be really nice to see a familiar face from "the outside"!

No comments:

Post a Comment