Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Late night!

Well after posting last time about the possibilities of a night off being so low, we had it announced yesterday that we are getting a "late night Nassau" next week for the first time in months. It means instead of leaving at 6pm, we leave at 2am. Well of course the shops can't be open while we are in port so... Guess who doesn't have to work! I've already put in the request for Palo so fingers crossed. We don't find out until the first night of that cruise (which starts Sunday) if we have a reservation. I don't care what I do that night but I really want to go eat there. Everyone knows nassau isn't the safest place ever (which is why I'm surprised they are doing a late night) so we have already had the first couple of many lectures about staying together in groups, being aware of alcohol and knowing there will be breathalysers on the gangway, not having valuables etc. I might just make the most of using the ship in the evening in all honesty. So that's next Monday.

This week has been pretty standard. It poured with rain from 1.30pm at castaway today so a lot of guests headed back and I clocked out at 4.30pm which was good going. Sea day tomorrow ugh! Last night I went and hung out with Claire who was in my traditions group. She has a huge (in comparison to mine) cabin as she is an officer! She has a sofa! No window though and she still has to share. We had drinks and cheese all very civilised. I meant to stay until about 1.30am... But I ended up getting to bed at 4.30am! Oops. 

Thursday will be my second welcome line which is exciting. I will be with Lorraine, a lady from Jamaica who works in sea treasures. We put in a dining request for animators palate so we shall see what happens, again, fingers crossed! I am probably going to go and see the golden mickeys too. 

Generally my mood has improved from the last couple of posts on here. You go through major ups and downs here because there's no escape from the bubble. I'm hoping that Orlando nick will be able to come and visit soon because that would be nice. He just changed job at WDW so I'm not sure when his days off will line up with one of my canaveral days. New nick and I hope to go to Atlantis at some point, maybe on Friday as we haven't been there yet and it's somewhere new. 

Oohhhh the other big thing that happened this week is I finally got my safety duty. Pretty much everyone in merchandise has to have a part in the twice weekly guest drill and I've escaped it for 8 weeks but as Gemma left, I picked up her duty. It's not a good one!! Well, it's a good work out I suppose... So when the emergency alarm goes, I have to leave my location and go to my cabin on deck 1 aft (the back of the ship) to get my lifejacket and traffic control vest and hat (super sexy fluorescent orange, photos soon!) then go up 4 decks of stairs to check in at skyline bar. Then go up a further 6 decks of stairs to deck 10 aft for my station to traffic control... Basically directing people to the stairs and deck 4 to their muster/assembly stations. Then when the abandon ship alarm goes off, we have to go down 7 decks of stairs and to the Walt Disney theatre on deck 3 forward... So basically as far from my station as possible! Then for crew drill we proceed to our life raft which is up another 3 decks of stairs. When we are dismissed I have to return my lifejacket to deck 1 aft, again the opposite end of the ship before returning to my location which, if its crew drill, is back at mickeys mainsail on deck 3 forward! Phew! I was well sweaty after that.

On that lovely note, it's time to get ready for work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment