Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

Clap clap clap

Well, I got up at 6.45am and walked half asleep to medical this morning to just be asked "are you feeling better?" And then "okay, you can go back to work then". No signature on the form or anything! Nevertheless, I ran into the merch team going to breakfast before doing stock so I went to the mess with them and then exchanged my welcome line jacket (another costume!) for a smaller size which was still too big before heading back to bed for about an hour. Then I got up and straightened my hair (I know, effort!) and then popped in to give my form to Dave and said hi to Claire from my traditions group (she's the cruise directors assistant) before joining the other welcome line people in the atrium. Basically, there's between 6-12 of us at any one time and we stand in two lines along where people enter the ship, their family name is announced and we clap before taking in turns to personally welcome one family at a time, tell them when their stateroom will be ready and give them the opportunity to ask any questions. You really have to know the ship so I was pleased I wasn't caught out on any questions.

I got a 30 minute lunch break and met some nice guests. Reaffirmed my ability to spot British people a mile off too. Afterwards, Iris and I arranged to go and see Monsters University as we had done welcome line together it meant we both had the evening off. It was nice to get to know someone else I didn't know. We saw MU which was good although I kept falling asleep because I was tired, the ship was rocking and I've seen it before! It's still a good movie tho! Afterwards, we got food at Flo's on Deck 11 before walking around the ship a bit and giving me an opportunity to take some photos. Then she went off to meet some Croatian friends of hers so I walked around the shops a bit before going to see Villains Tonight. Normally on the first night of the cruise it is the Golden Mickeys but because the new entertainment cast is coming in it meant the shows order has changed due to dress rehearsals in the daytime. So it was an opportunity I wouldn't normally have to see that show.... Welllll... It was ok. It had a couple of good musical numbers in it but also a lot of bad jokes (that weren't even funny) and it just didn't flow as well as the Golden Mickeys or Believe which are the other two shows we have. My favourite is definitely Believe, I watched that on TV last night as well as having seen the crew showing a couple of weeks ago. 

Afterwards, I bought a photo album which was reduced in mickeys mainsail to $14.99 which is awesome and a birthday present for New Nick as its his birthday next Sunday. I went back to my cabin and wrapped it up and since have spent time chilling with Sara until my merchie friends get off work and we're going to crew bingo tonight... Back to work and counts tomorrow ugh!!

1 comment:

  1. Great posts!! Thanks so much for everything you share....

    Check this behiund the scenes Disney Magic Documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11CEIn6GHvQ

    ReplyDelete