Pages

Friday 11 October 2013

All pinned out

The rest of the DVC cruise was as crazy as the first two days. I ended up in Whozits for the sea day which initially I was bummed about but then realised that I got a good deal. Firstly because it was less pin craziness. Secondly because it was a great place to have good chats with guests. Thirdly because sea day on that cruise was also pirate night so it was fun to have the pirate masters up there in the evening. However 13 hours in Whozits was super tiring... But I'm pretty sure we took one of the top amounts of money ever in there that day. Everyone on that cruise seemed to want to spend spend spend in all the stores. 

Ooh another huge highlight that day was the fact that my break fell at 11.30am for my lunch. Its a bit early really but then I realised it was perfect timing to get out on Deck 14 (the outside crew deck) and catch the drive by of Castaway Cay... and seeing the Disney Wonder! Last year I briefly saw the Wonder in San Francisco port but it was so amazing to see it from the Dream. Oh, and hear the horn battle!!! Its rare they get the chance to do this so I was super happy I was on break at just the right time. I even skyped my Mum during it so she got to hear some of it too! Anyway, we got out at 11.20pm that day which was nice and early because everyone was exhausted including the leaders. 

Wednesday was the final day of the cruise and we were back at Castaway. I was on the afternoon shift so I got lunch at the BBQ beforehand and then I was at the small store. It was alright just very slow. We got back around 4.30pm so I just bummed around before the last crazy shift of DVC. Finally it was done and I was so happy to crash out that night!

Since then it's been normal cruises full of screaming kids, Spanglish and craziness. On Sunday we had a rediculously small delivery of only 5 pallets (instead of more like 13) and so we all got done by 9.30am! Tyler and I ran to our cabins, changed and then ran to ginger dans car (who came to pick us up) and he drove us to disneyworld!!!! We went to magic kingdom for 3 hours - we saw dream along with Mickey, ate at caseys corner, I sneaked down to deployment to surprise Florida nick and say hi to him and then we saw MiSiCi parade before having a Starbucks and then driving back. Got back on the ship at 3pm perfect timing! It was an amazing day to get out of the ship bubble and have fun although exhausting haha.

 I also finally got confirmation of my newest role that I've been given... I am now going to be taking over the main stockroom for the stores. It mostly revolves around mickeys mainsail, sea treasures (apparel) and white caps (high end merchandise) whilst the crew shop and art gallery deal with stuff themselves. It's been known for a while to me that I would be doing this role but I had to keep it a secret because certain people had to be informed first. But now everyone knows so I can write about it. My role will be most crazy on a Sunday and Thursday because that's when we get our stock deliveries in at Canaveral. I have to start at 7am and we unwrap all the boxes from the pallets before piling them up to be scanned so we can ensure we have everything we should have. Then we sort them into trolleys to take up to the stores or trolleys to put into the stockroom. Tote boxes of clothing and random stuff have to be organised and then that evening/next day they are sorted, hung or folded in the stockroom.  

Its definitely more responsibility as I will be a key holder to the stockroom and have to know everything. I have to expand my knowledge and skills too so it's a challenge. It's gone well so far, I haven't been handed over the keys or wave phone (!) yet though. Thursdays delivery was a beast so we still have stuff to sort tonight from it. I will have less guest interaction but I still have to work in mickeys for show dumps and if we are short so I still get to do the guest thing too. 

I met Florida nick yesterday for lunch, we ended up in cocoa beach and had Thai food which was very yummy. Then he took me to Walmart so I have a cupboard full of snacks once more. My mum also just booked flights to come out and meet me in January when I get off the ship which is really exciting! I'm going to try and get us a few days on the wonder or the fantasy because I think that it would be fun to be a guest not crew for a while! 

It's my birthday in 9 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment