Pages

Monday 26 August 2013

A spoonful of sugar...

The rest of sea day was alright. For the first time, I heard all the Dream's horns in person which was cool! The captain dropped by Whozits and so I told him that he made my day by playing them to which he laughed. Seeing the Captain around the ship is a bit like meeting a celebrity. Thursday was a reasonably non eventful day... Clare and I went to the Mall after work and I bought 3 pairs of shoes... Oops! 

On Friday the catamaran was awesome! There was a whole bunch of merchandise people plus several from Remy and a few other departments. Probably about 30 in all plus the Crew Activities Manager Kristy who is great. We spent about 30 minutes sailing out to the snorkel site and then had an hour to go in the water or sunbathe or whatever. I did snorkel for about 20 minutes and saw some fish! The salty water was stinging my eyes a bit so I got out and lay around the deck with people for the rest of the time. It was nice and sunny and hot. Then we sailed back to Nassau and got back about 3pm so I had a couple of hours to go back to my cabin and get ready for work. 

Now the only downside to the last couple of days was the sore throat I was developing. After the catamaran, it got worse (I think it was the seawater) and I shone a light into my mouth to discover white blotches all over my tonsils. As the medical centre has the worse opening hours ever (ie. 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon... For crew) I had to wait til this morning to go see a doctor. I had to get a form from my manager for permission to go but then it was reasonably simple. He took one look and said it was "textbook tonsillitis" so that was that. I got antibiotics, painkillers, lozenges, mouthwash (?!) and 24 hours off work. So that means I spent the rest of the day sleeping and watching Disney movies, yay. The antibiotics are working magic and the ibroprofen is really helping the swelling and pain so hopefully I will be all good to do welcome line tomorrow. I am to report back to medical at 7am tomorrow so fingers crossed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment