Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Flip Reverse It

I need to start noting things down to blog about because it takes me longer to get round to it on the ship rather than at Disney World! Anyway this week has been a bit crazy because just as I was settling down into life here, it all got turned a bit upside down. Firstly, my roommate Cheyenne finished her contact as she was transferred here from the Wonder so she was always only in my cabin for a month. So she left on Sunday morning and I seized the opportunity to get the bottom bunk. No more leg bruises!! There's also slightly more headroom so it's nicer. It's an unspoken rule that the first person in the cabin gets the bottom bunk and you can move once they leave :-) So, I went to do stock and said goodbye to her and by the time I came back afterwards I had a new roommate called Sara who is in entertainment costuming. She is also here temporarily but she is really nice and she's from Connecticut. 

Also during stock on Sunday, I got informed that I was being moved to "the tower"... AKA the store on Deck 11 called Whozits & Whatzits. This is a small store that has Aquaduck merchandise as well as pool essentials. It also has started hosting "Glitter & Go" and "Skulls & Scurry" which is the Disney Dream's version of the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and Pirates League. They're quick versions of the make over experiences offered in the parks and on the Fantasy. The up side to this is that I am not alone in the tower which previously was the biggest negative of being up there. Other positive things about the tower is that it's my own location that I'm in charge of which is good for my CV. I have to ensure it looks show ready and is fully stocked - things like that. We use the mobile MICROS system which are handheld computers for processing payments and they're a nightmare! So far today it seems to be working but it's very temperamental. I think I'm only going to be up there for a month and then we will rotate and I will go back to a store on Deck 3. On sea day (like today) I get to wear another new costume which is a purple and blue shirt with fish on it! Pictures of all my costumes coming soon... I currently have 4! 

So change of roommate, change of job... That's big changes when you're here! Other than that, we went to see the Lone Ranger during Nassau day and it was the longest movie ever. It was actually quite good but excessively long... Johnny Depp was good in it though! During the other Nassau day I got a subway with Nick and then we walked around and my shoe broke :-( I did manage to buy a tacky Nassau hoodie though because I'm always cold in my cabin. We got ice cream with Amy and Clare as well. On PC day I actually didn't go anywhere because I'm trying to save money before payday tomorrow... I just chilled out and then went outside to get Internet. CC was fun yesterday because I was morning with Nick, Gemma and Manager Dave at the smaller store called By The Seashore so we basically spent the 4 hours playing A-Z games and singing Disney songs to the guests. It was super fun.

Hopefully on Friday we are going to be going on a catamaran trip in Nassau! Tomorrow at PC I think we have yet more Pirates training.... Other than that there's not many plans except doing Welcome Line on Sunday which will be fun!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment