Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Good Stuff

Well, the good news is that Nick returned from Nassau's hospital at 4pm that afternoon complete with his appendix. They did a million scans and decided it was a weird tissue related problem that was caused by manual handling (probably when we did stock in the morning) and he got dosed up with ibroprofen. That was a few days ago and he feels fine now so that's all good.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the facilities provided to the crew onboard. The medical centre seem to always at least give you some painkillers or medicine if they don't sign you off work for an appropriate amount of time. They were very efficient with nick and the other people I know who got sick to take them to the medical facilities in port and check what's wrong. Other things I've been surprised about is the quality of activities and facilities for crew - we have an awesome crew activities manager called Kristy who organises events and outings as well as being a great person just to chat to. We have two different chill out rooms with computers, games consoles, board games etc. The laundry room is huge so you rarely have to wait for a washing machine or dryer. The Internet is much faster than I thought it would be (although its not really good enough for streaming, I've managed to Skype a couple of times through it, and obviously it costs 10 cents a minute which really adds up!) and the living area is much better than I thought. You get used to the size of the cabin and bathroom very quickly. The shower is always boiling hot and strong enough to wash your hair decently. 

In merchandise we get a good chance to get off the ship a few times per week but I can go into detail about my role in another post :-) 

Anyway, I got sidetracked there. Hmmm what cool things have I done this week? I saw the premiEAR of "Planes" eventually at the crew showing and it was good. It's essentially Cars 2 but with planes. I have to admit I've sacrificed a couple of free afternoons for sleep because I've been tired this week. Lets just say that Pro Plus was a very worthwhile investment before boarding the ship!

1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting and fun to read. Thanks for writing it all out.
    I'm thinking of taking the plunge for the cruise or doing the CRP when I graduate next year. Which would you recommended doing?
    Why do you write it as premiEAR?

    ReplyDelete