Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

Turkey Day!

Happy thanksgiving to anyone that celebrates it! Even though I am British, I think it's nice to spend a day thinking what you'd like to say thank you for... So, for me, I am thankful for my parents and how supportive they are in whatever I do, thank you to my family for being there for me, thank you to my friends in the UK for welcoming me back whenever I get back there and for being people to do fun things with. Thank you for all my friends in the States and around the world as well as my new friends on the Cruise Line including New Nick who has been there for me through this crazy roller coaster 4 months. I am thankful for my job on the ship even though it's hard at times it provides me with a unique opportunity to work for Disney and provide memories for the guests on their vacations plus giving me experience for the future as well as obviously giving me money to live haha. 

Also, Thanksgiving means it's less than a month until Christmas! I sent my mum a ship ornament for the tree as well as some chocolate peppermint bark which came in a cute Disney tin but I have bought them presents to take home as well. I'm super excited for my mum to come and visit, fingers crossed a cruise on the fantasy comes up on the discounts list!! We just had a thanksgiving dinner in the mess which was good... Every now and again they do theme or recognition nights to thank the crew when we get good results so today we got a thanksgiving one. There was turkey obviously but I enjoyed the corn bread, real actual cheese, pumpkin cheesecake and PROFITEROLES!!!! One of my favourite desserts so that made me excited. 

This cruise is turning out much nicer than the last one. We switched the three and four day round this week so Sunday-Wednesday was the three day cruise and it was awful. The sea was so rough that everyone was suffering on Sunday and Monday night, we couldn't call at Nassau on Monday because we couldn't dock!! Two other carnival ships also didn't manage to get in either. We had to have an unscheduled sea day so instead of working 8-12 then 6.30-11.30 we actually worked 8am-12midnight ugh!! There was 55mph winds! The saving grace was on Tuesday we did manage to get into Castaway thank God. It was grey and raining in the morning but the sun finally made an appearance in the afternoon. The day turned better because they made a contingency plan incase it was another sea day (god forbid!) so they put on a matinee of Believe at 4pm!! Nick, Tyler, Stephen and I went to see it which was only the second time I have seen that show so that was awesome. Then at midnight we got to sneak into the midnight PremEAR at Sea of Frozen which was amazing!! One of the best Disney movies for a long time. 

Back to normality with the schedule from tomorrow with Friday Nassau (hopefully!). I have life raft training but a lie-in is still on the cards. I also finally booked my regular night off for December and my Donald recognition evenings (evening off!) so I don't work the nights of the 2nd, 17th or 30th yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment