Pages

Friday 1 November 2013

Happy Halloween from the Disney Scream!

Even though it is the 1st November, the whole ship is celebrating Halloween tonight as the guests have their Halloween/Pirate night and more importantly the crew have their Halloween party hosted by main stage and character performers which is sure to be very entertaining!! 

Confusingly I have spent the day getting ready for Christmas actually. We received all our Christmas goodies in yesterday during stores so Tyler and I volunteered to go into work today on the sacred Friday sleep-in day to help put it all out. With four of us it still took over three hours but there is some really good stuff and I'm sure it will all sell well. We had all the Halloween stuff on 40% off yesterday so there was lines waiting to go into the store but then I spent the whole evening down in the stockroom battling the movement of the ship which was rather violent last night! 

I'm trying to think what I have been doing and it's hard to remember because it all blurs into one. Generally my week goes something like this:

Sunday: embark day of the 4 night cruise. Start at 7am and receive all the stock onto the ship, sort it to go upstairs or into the stockroom. Spend a couple of hours unpacking stock and hanging/folding clothes then when everyone is done upstairs I finish at 11am-ish. Spend 11-3 either on the ship, using Internet at the terminal or going to Merritt Island Mall or Walmart. Back at 3pm, traffic control for guest drill at 3.40-4.10pm, spare time between 4.10-5.45pm then work from 5.45pm to 11.30pm which for me is in the stockroom unpacking boxes and processing delivery.

Monday: Nassau. Start work at 8/9am until around 12 doing stocktake (known as counts) and every other week we have to do crew drill between 10-11am as well. Spare time in Nassau between about 12-6.20 then work from 6.20-11.30pm.

Tuesday: Castaway Cay. I work doing stock pulls and tidying between 8am-12 and then free time from 12-5.20pm before work 5.20-11pm. If you work as a regular merchandise crew member then you work either 8-12 or 12-5 on the island and start work at 5.30pm or 6.30pm depending and finishing at 11.30pm if you're the later start.

Wednesday: Sea Day. Work in mickeys mainsail from 9am-11pm with two one-hour breaks. It's a killer. If you're the late shift on the island the day before then you work 10am-12 midnight instead on sea day.

Thursday: embarkation day again. Basically repeat exactly Sunday.

Friday: Nassau. Sleep in day!!! We don't start til 6.20pm so we get the whole day off basically. It's amazing. 

Saturday: Castaway Cay. Repeat from Tuesday except we all work until midnight whether you start at 5.30pm or 6.30pm. 

So that explains why I'm so busy! I work about 70 hours a week and I still don't know how I do it! 

Add in the trips to the crew bar, hanging out in the corridors, eating late night snack in the mess or in tonight's case the Halloween party in D-Lounge and you realise I really don't get much sleep. Your body goes into a state of being constantly tired which you get used to. I can't really lie down when I have relaxing time because I always fall asleep! Same goes for watching movies. Even if they put on a movie in the Buena Vista Theatre for us it always starts at midnight so I inevitably fall asleep! Nick has nicknamed me Granny because of my sleeping habits! 


No comments:

Post a Comment