Pages

Friday 15 November 2013

And then it was Christmas!

The day after the Halloween cruise is done, the ship got transformed into Christmas in an impressive two hours between the cruise disembarking and the new 4000 passengers getting on board. To be honest the decorations aren't as over the top as I imagined... Not like the parks. We have a nice tree and garlands in the atrium as well as lots of wreaths over the ship. Merchandise, guest services, pool deck and housekeeping have to wear these Where's Wally style scarves that are red and white stripe. They'd be great if it was cold outside but inside the ship which is already warm it's not so great especially when you're wearing a jacket and pin lanyard as well.... Cruise staff have new activities for the guests for Christmas which I have yet to see but I'm sure are suitably cheesy!

We have new movies on the on demand including elf, national lampoon Christmas vacation, the grinch and apparently we will get home alone and things like that next month so that's good. I bought a pink Christmas tree for our desk but Clare my roomie doesn't want to decorate until after her birthday which is the 27th so we are waiting for that. 

Other than that, it's been same old same old. We got a massive delivery yesterday which I only got about half way through yesterday which is a bummer because now I have to try and find the time to get through the rest of the boxes whilst also working on stage as well. I only get the first night of the cruise exclusively in the stockroom unfortunately. The only difference of the cruises recently has been the weather. It's got VERY windy the last two weeks - there were gusts of over 50mph the other day. This means the ship has got very rocky especially on the first and last nights of the cruise. We actually had to do a last minute late night in Nassau on Monday of last week because the weather was too crap to leave so at 5pm we were about to get ready for work when the Captain came over the PA to inform everyone we would leave at 2am instead soooo the shops couldn't open hahaha. Night off for us! There was the risk that we would have to do an additional sea day if we couldn't dock at castaway the next day but lucky for us we didn't get an enforced 14 hour day because the weather cleared up enough to dock even though they were giving out ponchos on the gangway!

It probably contributed to working slower in the stockroom because it's harder to be productive when you're losing your balance constantly and bumping into the fixtures! 

Next week I have my night off on Tuesday... As I don't do welcome line anymore I get a night off per month. It's pirate night I think so I'm hoping to do my Christmas shopping, get dinner at Royal Palace with Claire and then see the pirate show. Maybe go take some photos of the Christmas decorations too.

This is my 50 day mark too... 50 days until freedom! It will be so wierd to go where I want, do what I want, not have work and drink as much as I like haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment