Pages

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Makes it all worth it

I have had one of the most enjoyable evenings of my contract so far. As I am now classed as having a backstage role it means I don't do welcome line anymore and instead just end up with a random evening shift off and that was tonight... It was also pirate night! So I worked my morning castaway shift with Tyler and kamiko... We spent most of it sweating as we moved a lot of "equipment" I.e. Shelves and metal units to be taken off the ship in a few days because we have far too much of it. Once we were done at 12, Ty and I went over to the crew beach in the most gorgeous weather to have a (veggie) burger at the BBQ and enjoy some fresh air. We came back and I did some laundry and some sunbathing up on deck 13 which was full of crew as there were barely any guests on board. Once that was done, I washed my hair and straightened it before relaxing with a glass of wine and some nibbles.... I forgot how nice that was!  I felt more relaxed than I have in weeks! I went to deck 14 aft to see us leave castaway and took some photos of a pretty good sunset before going back to get ready for the evening.

Firstly I went to the shops to drop in a form as well as buy most of my Christmas presents... $240 later I was done! And that was after discount!! It should have been more like $380!! I am taking almost all of them home at the end of my contract though. But at least it's done now. I wrote my Christmas postcards today as well! Then I went to deck 11 to watch the cruise staff/fab 5 pirate show... It's so awesome I love it. Then changed into heels and met Claire to get dinner at royal palace. I only realised this evening that they change the menu on pirate night and all the restaurants have the same so it wasn't as good as the French inspired menu I had been expecting. Nevertheless I had pot-stickers for appetiser which were really yummy surprisingly. Then I had a pasta dish with scallops and shrimp which was good and a trio of desserts... Randomly I've had a couple before in the crew mess for late night snack haha! 

After dinner I went back to my cabin and was planning to go and see the pirate fireworks but I decided I was too tired so I got ready for bed instead :-) a lovely night off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment