Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

The Medical

So you thought that one long boring day in London was enough?! Nope! Time for another one!

Actually this one was substantially better. I had to get up at the crack of dawn again as I had to get the public bus to the centre of Bristol at 6.15am. I got down there and got a "Mochalat" which was basically a hot chocolate with a shot of expresso and marshmallows on top. Nom. Then I got the 7.30am megabus to London which I was so pleasantly surprised by. It only cost me £7.50 (trying to offset the daylight robbery train fares from the day before) and it was on time, a double decker coach which was very comfortable and even had free Wifi!! So I spent the 3 hour journey there playing on the internet and watching YouTube, it was great.

Arrived in freezing London again and got the tube to Liverpool St Station. The 'Rood Lane' Medical Centre is just around the corner from the station and I got there in perfect timing. They handed me a questionnaire I had to fill out which was a basic medical history and list of any allergies or medications. After about 10 minutes I was called in by a nurse who did a sight test (thanks to my recent LASIK surgery I was now 20:20!!!!) and a really difficult hearing test. Basically, you sit in a booth with headphones on and every time you hear a beep you press a button. Not hard. Except the beeps get soooo quiet that you start imagining them! Anyway, she deemed my sight and hearing good enough. Then she gave me a plastic pot and directed me to the bathrooms to provide a urine sample. Then I had to go to back to the waiting room.

I waited another 5-10 minutes before being called in by the doctor. He was great - very funny and made you feel at ease which was good because I was a little nervous. We went through the questionnaire and then I had to get undressed except my underwear and wear a robe. He did my height and weight, checked my breathing and heart before I sat on the bed and he did my blood pressure. Then he felt my stomach and down the back of my spine. Then he took blood and shone a light in my eyes and ears to check them. All good. That was it!

I got dressed again and he told me that I should receive the results of my tests in the middle of next week whilst he'll send a copy to Disney.

Then I was free to go! It was about 12.30pm by this point so I only had 2 hours before the coach back this time. I got a bit lost on the tube but made it to Earl of Sandwich by St Pauls Cathedral so ate it on the steps. Then I went to Victoria Coach Station and got the National Express (not as good as Megabus....) back to Bristol and then the public bus back to my house. It started raining and I was glad to get home.

Along with the CRB form that I received on Tuesday and sent off on Wednesday... this means all the paperwork is done now as far as I know. The CRB takes 2-3 weeks so hopefully it won't be too long and I should get my passport and medical results this week some time.

Now I just need a date!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment