Pages

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Back to ship life!

Another sea day, another blog post!

So I've been back on the ship for just over two weeks. Not much has changed really and I've slipped back into the lifestyle reasonably easily. It is always a shock to the system to go from sitting around to working 70 hours a week with much less sleep!! The weather has been very variable but we've just about made it to Castaway every time... thanks to Captain Guus. All the other ships seems to have been less successful with the winds so that's good. I've been off in Nassau twice - once for McDonalds and McWifi and once to go look around the Disney Wonder. Thats means I've stepped onto all 4 ships now which is awesome.

They have a new rotation where about once every 4/5 weeks you stay onboard for a Canaveral shift to work in Whozits & Whatzits or Quacks which is open for guests when they've first got onboard. I have done it once and it went quite well actually - the guests are excited to be onboard :-) I am aiming to save more money this contract so actually working on port days is a good way of doing this haha.

I shared my cabin with a Brazilian girl called Juliana for the first two weeks and was on the other side of the i95 to the usual place... next to a watertight door. I didn't like being that side much and the bathroom always smelled funny. Anyway, I put a request in and now I've moved back into my old cabin 10712 with Ana, my old roomate. So far so good. I also spent my first two weeks in Sea Treasures which was very different to Mickeys Mainsail. It pretty much only sells clothing and a few home items. It was much slower paced and there was hardly any tidying to do which sounds great but I know I have to be the kind of person to be busy all the time so I think I preferred Mickeys... and that's where I got moved back to on Sunday.

I am hoping to eventually end up in White Caps which is the duty free high end store with the handbags and jewellery but we will see what happens!

I'm hoping to find some time to do more fun stuff at Castaway... we already went snorkelling on a catamoran which was fun even though the sea was a little bit cold. Next up I want to rent a bike and cycle round the island!!

No comments:

Post a Comment