Pages

Monday 23 December 2013

Merry Christmas from the Bahamas!

Okay so it's still a couple of days before Christmas but I don't know my chances of getting online for blogging so here is my festive post. 

Nothing much exciting has happened since I last posted... Well, nick went on vacation last Sunday which has sucked. It's very strange to see someone literally every single day and then for them to disappear almost in a puff of smoke! I keep expecting him to be on the phone when it rings or to come knock on my door. I've kept busy since he's been gone considering its Christmas which is lucky... The 2nd day after he left we had the worst counts session ever because everyone kept getting their numbers wrong and it just sucked... We left at 3pm!! We used to get out around 11-12 even with crew drill in the middle but 3pm is plain rediculous. Then I had less than 3 hours off before going back to work for pirates. Seen as nick has now left and he was the main pirate master, I have done it every pirate night since so after our short break it was time for pirate night... Then after work was done we had midnight gingerbread house making! That was a lot of fun, my house eventually collapsed because I put too much candy on it. The bummer was that cabin inspection was the next day so we were not allowed to take it back to our cabins, hence we stuffed our faces until we felt sick then enjoyed destroying them.

Wednesday was castaway as the itinerary has switched around at the moment and the sea day is on Mondays. I was actually on a Donald in the end because I couldn't have the planned one on Tuesday night as it was pirates. I slept in a bit and then left with Tyler because it was cabin inspection anyway. I went to castaway and got pretty fried in the sun for two hours before having BBQ lunch and then heading back to wash my hair and boring things like that. 

Thursday I saw florida nick as he came to visit. I signed him onto the ship and gave him a quick tour and then we got longhorns for lunch yum.

On friday I got news from my mum that she's booked the Disney fantasy for a week in January when she comes to visit me!! I get to be a guest for 7 days!! I already put in for palo dinner and brunch reservations. My vacation plans are finally coming together, I will spend 4 days in Orlando with Florida nick and his roommate Eric then my mum arrives and we have a day in Orlando before going on the cruise for 7 days then she flies home the day after we disembark. Then i will fly to California on the same day as she goes home to visit nick and then I fly home a couple of days after getting back from that. God knows what I will do at home! 

So I guess quite a few exciting things have happened this week really. 

The weekend was pretty standard. We had a late night meal for merchandise Christmas celebration which was ok... Not as good as the last one though. We have a tacky sweater party tonight in the crew bar then tomorrow is Christmas Eve!! They are putting on a midnight mass which I would like to attend if I get out in time then the crew bar is Christmas music... See how tired I am! Wednesday is Christmas Day but also a sea day so it will be a crazy one...


So I would like to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my friends and family, I can't wait to be home and see everyone again. Not long!

No comments:

Post a Comment